Friday 14 December 2012

The Far Horizon...


This is one of the key reasons to get a boat.

You can sail to spots like the one above; Fifty Point beach.

Whenever I'm near the water this is what I tend to do, stand at the edge of it, water up to my knees, and I just look out at the horizon and think.

There's something very significant about the water's edge. It's as if our bodies know that beyond the horizon something's waiting for us that might change our lives.

I can't overemphasize the 'healing benefit' that comes from sailing to a far harbor, arriving, then going for a walk to find the waters edge and the horizon. 

Beats meditation any day.

In many ways, a boat, is like an escape vehicle. 

This is another reason why I prefer sailboats. You don't want to have to think twice about the gas bill to get from here to there (it'll cost you next to nothing if you sail) and you want to be able to take your time. Max speed on my boat is about 5.5 knots under comfortable conditions, that's right around ten kilometers per hour so you're forced to take your time.

The benefit of that is, the horizon isn't whizzing by so fast that you miss it.

Taking your time and admiring the horizon. Another reason to buy your first boat this year. If you'd like to start the process, go ahead and gimme' a call. I'll get you started on your journey to...

The Far Horizon.

905.320.2127

See you on the water.

LIFT Marine.

Your gateway to the far horizon...

905.320.2127
liftmarine@gmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment